COLUMBUS CULINARY FACILITIES
Chop. Mix. Whip. Braise. Grill. Sautee. .. and so much more.
At the Columbus Culinary Institute, you’ll learn the foundational culinary skills you need to start your culinary career. You’ll spend most of your time in one of five well-equipped kitchens, observing and learning from professional chef instructors who have industry experience they can share.
When you graduate and start working in the high-energy culinary world, you’ll feel right at home with the equipment that professionals use every day.
Our 5 teaching kitchens contain:
- Commercial ranges and ovens
- Professional mixers, blenders, fryers and steamers
- Brand name refrigerators
- Cookware and utensils, from roasting pans to stock pots
Even chefs don’t spend all of their time in the kitchen, which is why the Columbus Culinary Institute is also equipped to expose students to the business and management side of cooking.
With a functional storeroom and purchasing area with several large walk-in coolers, you will learn how to:
- Place orders with food vendors
- Evaluate the quality of ingredients as they are received
- Understand storeroom procedures
- Implement cost control measures
- Maintain sanitation standards in the kitchen
And, because no one can run a restaurant alone, you’ll learn important employee management skills, dining room service, and management and safety procedures.
Come see our teaching kitchens for yourself by requesting more information today!